Up to 20% of Austin children are dyslexic…
Far too few are identified and receiving intervention.
We Are Going To Change That.
You Can Help.
Dyslexia Therapist Training
Join Us On The Front Line
The Dyslexia Therapist Training Program is a multisensory, structured language training curriculum for individuals who have already completed a 4-year degree and who are interested in becoming Certified Academic Language Therapists.
Dyslexia Center of Austin offers dyslexia training courses for classroom teachers, reading specialist, interventionist, special education teachers, and dyslexia therapist, including, Rite Flight: A Classroom Reading Rate and Reading Comprehension, and Pre-Flight, an Introduction for Young Students to Take Flight.
70-80% of people with poor reading
skills are likely dyslexic. h3>
Why We Need Your Help?
- One in five students, 15-20% of the population, has a language based learning disability.
- 80% of students with learning disabilities have dyslexia.
- Dyslexia is not an emotional disorder, but the frustrating nature of this learning disability, especially without intervention, can lead to feelings of anxiety, anger, low self–esteem and depression.
- 2/3 of students who cannot read proficiently by the end of the 4th grade will end up in jail or on welfare.
- 66% of those incarcerated have a learning disability, the majority being reading-based.
- 62% of non-readers dropped out of high school.
- 30% of students with dyslexia also struggle with ADHD.