Dyslexia Center of Austin is excited to be offering reduced rate comprehensive educational evaluations! An educational evaluation identifies areas of strength and weakness in a student’s learning profile and provides a deeper understanding of their educational abilities. This type of evaluation can determine the presence of specific learning disabilities that may be contributing to a challenging educational experience.
If your child is struggling academically, an educational assessment can provide the answers you need to plan for your child’s educational journey. The process involves gathering information from various sources and formal testing methods. The information collected is used to gain a comprehensive understanding of your child’s strengths and weaknesses and make an accurate diagnosis if appropriate. Effective recommendations and strategies to help you or your child overcome challenges and achieve goals are also included.
If you suspect that your child has dyslexia or another learning disability, we can help. At the Dyslexia Center of Austin, our Educational Diagnosticians have extensive expertise and knowledge in dyslexia and other learning differences. Call or email to start the process today.
Please contact Katy Vassar at Dyslexia Center of Austin for more information
What to expect during the process of an educational evaluation
- During the initial phone call, there will be a brief discussion about your child and concerns you have in order to make sure that an educational evaluation is the right path for you and will address your needs.
- Once it is determined that our evaluation services are the right fit, you will receive an initial packet of documents for you to read over and sign. These documents include a consent form, a form for you to provide your input, and a payment information page. Once these are filled out and signed you will be contacted to schedule dates for the testing session and a follow-up meeting to review the results.
- After the date and time of the testing session and the follow-up meeting are established, the first payment installment will be processed and a confirmation page will be sent that includes the name and contact information of the diagnostician that will be conducting the evaluation.
- The second payment installment will be processed no more than a week before the date of the testing session.
- The testing session will occur, typically lasting about 5-6 hours.
- A follow-up meeting within two weeks of the testing session will occur to discuss the results of the evaluation and answer any questions you may have.
- A finalized electronic copy of the report will be sent to you for your records.
- Depending on the results of the evaluation you may want to share the results with the appropriate professionals at any academic institution being attended to decide if an accommodation plan is in need.
- All evaluations meet the criteria for application to college board for accommodations on testing such as the ACT and SAT.
- All evaluations meet the criteria for universities and colleges needing documentation for the provision of an accommodation plan.